Penlee House Gallery & Museum

A Sympathetic Eye

The portrait and still life painter Leonard John Fuller was one of the key figures in the St Ives artists’ colony.  In 1938, Borlase Smart persuaded Leonard Fuller to leave London and open the St Ives School of Painting in Denis Mitchell's former Porthmeor studio.  The St Ives School of Painting became a mecca for modern artist attracting people such as Peter Lanyon, Terry Frost and Wilhelmina Barns-Graham.  

Subscribe to RSS - Penlee House Gallery & Museum